ISPCONFIG2 - ispconfig login broken

Buster2k

Hi everyone,
i get the following errors when trying to open ispconfig: (https://server.mydomain.tld:81)
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (13) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php on line 77
Warning
: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (13) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php on line 77
Warning
: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php:77) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/login/login.php on line 62

i noticed the following:
*hostname resolves to server.mydomain.tld and reverse lookup returns ext IP of the server
*all vhosts are running
*no hosting on any of the virtual hosts has any mysql issues
* db_ispconfig can be accesed via the mysql command or a seperate phpmyadmin installation on a virtual host but the phpmyadmin that comes with ispconfig is broken too: #2002 - server not responding
* root has all privileges to server and db_ispconfig
* /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock exists but has zero bytes, dunno if thats normal
* phpinfo() shows hostname as: {SERVER_NAME}
Configuration File (php.ini) Path /root/ispconfig/php
Loaded Configuration File /root/ispconfig/php/php.ini
DOCUMENT_ROOT /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web
HTTP_HOST server.mydomain.tld.de:81
HTTPS on
SCRIPT_FILENAME /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/phpinfo.php
SERVER_ADDR <censored>
SERVER_ADMIN root@{SERVER_NAME}
SERVER_NAME {SERVER_NAME}
SERVER_PORT 81
Hostname:port {SERVER_NAME}:81
User/Group admispconfig(1001)/1001
Server Root /root/ispconfig/httpd
Loaded Modules mod_php5, mod_ssl, mod_setenvif, mod_so, mod_auth, mod_access, mod_alias, mod_userdir, mod_actions, mod_imap, mod_asis, mod_cgi, mod_dir, mod_autoindex, mod_include, mod_status, mod_negotiation, mod_mime, mod_log_config, mod_env, http_core

i hope there is a quick way to fix this.
regards
Buster

F4RR3LL

Ure using ispconfig 2, its unsupported since debian lenny...
so... two choices... you ve got a damn old OS, or... ispconfig 2 isn t compatible to your new OS.
(thats just the quick n dirty description...but thats the important fact)
Cheers Sven

Buster2k

im very well aware that the debian squeeze i got here is ancient. but have you ever moved 100 vhosts,over 150 domains and like 1000 mail adresses from ispconfig2 to a current ispconfig3 ?!?
i cant even imagine how long that would take.
and theres another issue: the machine runs additional services not managed by ispconfig.

F4RR3LL

i understand your problem... but however.... there s just a simpel answer...
you ve to move, or stay with unsupported old ispconfig.
I know thats a lot of work. But it does nt help.... ispconfig 2 last supported apache, i think, was 1.3.
Just as an example.

So you better move....

cheers Sven

about the other services... if they re up to date, you can switch them ... or mayby the configs...

Buster2k

ok. figured this out myself despite only working with linux for roughly a year.
i downloaded the newest mysql-server package and installed via dpkg -i and then symlinked the new server to the old socket file location.
concerning that migration script, will it be able to reassign the webxx system users and groups and webxx folders plus their symlinks in /var/www ? ive got a total of 4 obsolete servers here and all usernames and working directories have duplicates but with unique customer data in ISPCONFIG2. id love to merge all those to a brand new server with tons of ram and disk space.

Till

Administrator
The migration tool can import multiple ispconfig 2 or 3 servers into one new ispconfig 3 server.

Werbung